Our lab is seeking a talented and enthusiastic postdoctoral researcher in marine spatial ecology . The successful candidate will be expected to participate in ongoing research projects, initiate new research projects, and engage with the ongoing outreach programs active in the lab.
A Ph.D. is required.
We encourage applicants from across the spectrum of marine science and conservation, with:
* Advanced GIS and remote sensing skills, preferably also some experience with R, Python, and open source software.
* Strong background in integrating environmental data with species information from surveys, tracking, etc.
* Knowledge of geospatial analysis for conservation/ecology, such as species distribution modeling, species habitat models, habitat fragmentation, change detection, etc.
* Experience working with students and/or capacity building.
* Experience conducting field work at nesting and in-water marine turtle projects.
The initial appointment will be for one year, with renewal for up to one additional year conditional upon performance and availability of funding.
Inquiries should be directed to Mariana Fuentes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply
To apply, submit a single PDF that includes:
(1) Cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position;
(2) Statement of research interests;
(3) A detailed curriculum vitae; and
(4) Names and contact information for three references.
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply at [HERE]
Review of applications will begin Feb. 15, 2017, until the position is filled.